Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Entering to the U.S!

      During the 1800's life for Italians families was very difficult. People migrated to the United States for better job opportunities, one example of this is my family. Our life's in Italy was very difficult we lived in very poor conditions. In my house were my mom, dad, two brothers and me. We decided to immigrate to the U.S in January 12,1850, for better economical opportunities but it was going to be illegally, since we could not afford the process of entering in the correct way.
      Entering to the United States was difficult in those days you had to pass through the intense registration of the police, discrimination and also adapting to a new language. In January 15,1850, we passing through the police, it was very scary they ask us a lot of things in which we had to answer that we would only go to visit our father that was our excuse to enter the U.S. Dad say he was also our brother and that we were desperate to see dad.We pass through a lot of registration and also our bags were not permitted to enter with us just for being from Italy.
      When we finally could enter, in January 17 three days later, since that day we had lived in New York with my uncle Gaspare.My uncle help us a lot in those days in which we didn't have for food and shelter then as years pass my mom and dad find jobs and started to have money for a house and food. My brothers and I assisted to a school in which we were separated  according to the country of which we were. My family and I pass through a lot of discrimination including to find jobs, for studying and people in the streets make fun of us just for not having the same accent of New Yorkers.


My dad Simone, my mom Berenice, my uncle Gaspare, my borther Lucio,
my baby sister Matilde and I(Irene). Our family.
         Entering to the United States for better opportunities was difficult and good at the same time. I like the U.S because as family and in a economical way we became grater. I wish nobody has to pass through the same I had and that people can understand why we did  it. Also I wish american people could treat us equally as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment